Counseling 10: Preparing for Marriage
Coun 10: Preparing for Marriage
Hani Ashamalla MD E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone Number: 917-913-9642
The course will offer discussion about how to prepare couples for marriage. It will allow the lay counselors to help couples identify their differences, weaknesses and strengths.
- Differences between man and woman
- Basics of Christian marriage
- How to identify deal breakers during engagement
- How to discover the will of God in marriage?
- How to choose your spouse?
- How to anchor your marriage on Love and respect?
- What to avoid in choosing your future spouse?
- Understand the Win-Win approach
Love and Respect Workbook: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs
by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs (Author)
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
by Stephen R. Covey (Author)
(Free PDF will be forwarded to new students)
On-Site Lesson Schedule:
Lecture 1: Basics for Christian marriage and Differences between men and women
Lecture 2: Knowing God’s will, how to choose and what to avoid?
Lecture 3: Win-Win approach, what a man wants from his wife and what a woman needs from her future husband?
Lecture 4: Premarital sex, deal breakers in engagement
Assignments: 5-8 pages
– Book Love and Respect: Please read and summarize in your language the meaning of Love (C-O-U-P-L-E) and Respect (C-H-A-I-R-S). From your own experience and your own observations and book reading, please write a model of discussion regarding this question: I will respect him if he loves me first or I will love her if she respects me first?- Book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: You met a couple who are seeking to be married, your analysis of their situation that one is trying to win so the other may lose.Using Win-Win policy, write in your own language how to prescribe to this couple to change from Win-Lose to Win-Win attitude.
- Attending the course’s lectures in the announced conference.
- Having daily access to the Internet and basic typing skills.
- Turning assignments after the dead line may reduce the score by 25 %
- There will be a comprehensive final exam which will be followingall the assignments that have been completed and turned in.