Counseling 10: Preparing for Marriage
Coun 10: Preparing for Marriage
Hani Ashamalla MD
The course will offer discussion about how to prepare couples for marriage. It will allow the lay counselors to help couples identify their differences, weaknesses and strengths.
- Differences between man and woman
- Basics of Christian marriage
- How to identify deal breakers during engagement
- How to discover the will of God in marriage?
- How to choose your spouse?
- How to anchor your marriage on Love and respect?
- What to avoid in choosing your future spouse?
- Understand the Win-Win approach
Love and Respect Workbook: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs
by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs (Author)
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
by Stephen R. Covey (Author)
(Free PDF will be forwarded to new students)
On-Site Lesson Schedule:
Lecture 1: Basics for Christian marriage and Differences between men and women
Lecture 2: Knowing God’s will, how to choose and what to avoid?
Lecture 3: Win-Win approach, what a man wants from his wife and what a woman needs from her future husband?
Lecture 4: Premarital sex, deal breakers in engagement
Assignments: 5-8 pages
– Book Love and Respect: Please read and summarize in your language the meaning of Love (C-O-U-P-L-E) and Respect (C-H-A-I-R-S). From your own experience and your own observations and book reading, please write a model of discussion regarding this question: I will respect him if he loves me first or I will love her if she respects me first?- Book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: You met a couple who are seeking to be married, your analysis of their situation that one is trying to win so the other may lose.Using Win-Win policy, write in your own language how to prescribe to this couple to change from Win-Lose to Win-Win attitude.
- Attending the course’s lectures in the announced conference.
- Having daily access to the Internet and basic typing skills.
- Turning assignments after the dead line may reduce the score by 25 %
- There will be a comprehensive final exam which will be followingall the assignments that have been completed and turned in.