Instructor: Sarwat Gad, MD
The course will offer discussions on the development of self esteem with particular emphasis on cognition and belief systems. The relationship between thoughts, feelings and behavior will be addressed. Various communication skills and behavior strategies will be introduced to assist in enhancing self esteem and coping skills.
- Identify negative belief belief systems and cognitive distortions that inhibit self esteem.
- Identify characteristics associated with high self esteem.
- Achieve knowledge of how to recognize symptoms of low self esteem.
- Identify behavior techniques used to enhance and rebuild self esteem.
- Identify areas of improvements o strengthen coping skills.
- Explore effective forms of communication.
- Explore effective coping skills to deal with anxiety, depression and stress.
- Identify and tackle toxic thought patterns and learn the circle of thoughts, feelings and behavior.
- Differentiate between passive, assertive and aggressive behavior and develop assertive techniques and strategies.
Managing your mind “The mental Health Guide” 2nd edition
Gillian Butler, PhD and Tony Hope, MD
Oxford University Press
|Percentage of Course Grade
|20% for each assignment
20% of grade