The Family Ministry Program (FMP) is a two-year distance learning program in which students have 22 courses. Each year consists of three semesters. Each semester is made of an onsite session held at St. Stephen Christian Retreat & Conference Center in Titusville, Florida followed by 12 weeks of distance learning. The onsite session is for a long weekend (Thursday to Monday). Meetings start on Friday at 7:30 AM and end on Sunday at 10:00 PM. The three semesters are held as follows:
Spring semester: Usually on Martin Luther King Weekend (unless it conflicts with the Epiphany Feast, then it will be the weekend after the Epiphany)
Summer semester: Memorial weekend
Fall semester: Labor Day weekend.
The requirements are as follows:
- College Degree
- History of church service
- No criminal history
- No active or recent psychological problems
- Time commitment, availability, and dedication.
- Attendance of onsite meetings at St. Stephen Christian Retreat & Conference Center in Titusville, Florida
- Familiarity with the use of computers (email etc.) since most of the course work will be done long distance
- Legal resident of the USA or Canada
New students who would like to join the FMP are required to follow these steps:
- Submit online program application form
- Submit online the 3 recommendation letters: one letter from the father of confession and two letters from another priest, professor, friend, acquaintance etc. but NO family member
- Phone interview upon completion of program application and all 3 recommendation letters
The above submittals will then be reviewed for completeness by the FMP Committee.
If the applicant is approved, an “Acceptance Letter” will be e-mailed to the student allowing her/him to register for the semester courses.
Program Application Due Dates
The Program Application due dates for each semester is listed below.
Spring Semester: January 5
Summer Semester: May 3
Fall Semester: August 19
Priest Recommendation Letter
General Recommendation Letter
The Semester Online Registration is for the 2022 Summer Semester. The link to the registration form should only be used and completed by students in the program. If you are a new applicant and did not receive approval for the program yet, please wait until you receive a reply regarding your program application status.
If you have any questions, please send them directly to email@example.com.
Students are encouraged to inform the FMP if you have any diet restrictions. Otherwise, all attendees of the FMP will eat whatever is offered by the St. Stephen Christian Conference & Retreat Center.
Arrive Thursday, May 26, 2022, after 3:00 pm
Lectures will finish Sunday, May 29, 2022 at 8:00 pm
Students are responsible for their own transportation.
If you are traveling by airplane, the nearest airport is Orlando International Airport (MCO) which is about 45 minutes away from St. Stephen Christian Conference & Retreat Center.
The address for St. Stephen Christian Conference & Retreat Center is 4951 S. Washington Ave., Titusville, Florida 32780
The registration fee per semester includes tuition, room, and meals. It does not include a transportation.
- Double occupancy – Poolside (Must have a roommate): $380
- Double occupancy – Waterfront (Must have a roommate): $420
- Single occupancy – Parking lot: $430
- Single occupancy – Poolside: $480
- Single occupancy – Waterfront: $515
- The cancellation fee is $25.00.
- Please contact Student Affairs and do NOT contact your credit card company firstname.lastname@example.org
Online registration is currently open. Please use this link: https://registration.suscopts.org/
Every student is required to attend the entire on-site meeting.
With the administration’s approval, a student can miss onsite attendance of a maximum of one course (4 lectures) for the duration of the entire 2-year program. The student will be required to complete the distance assignment of the course. Missing more than one course needs the approval of the administration.
If a student cannot attend the entire on-site meeting, the student should:
- Get the administration’s approval
- Attend part of the weekend to ensure that no more than 4 lectures are missed for the duration of the entire 2-year program.
It is up to the administration to determine if a student has to retake a course.
- Modest attire is required at all times. Please bring appropriate clothes for meetings & Church.
- No shorts or sleeveless tops (for males or females) are allowed during the meetings or liturgies.