Fr. Makary Ibrahim (Former Psychiatrist)
This course will explore the new research on addictive behaviors and the most effective way to overcome, craving, escape from boredom, the pursuit of pleasure, the avoidance of pain, and the relief from chaos is some of the topics that will be covered in the course. Also, emphasis is placed on the spiritual dynamic at the heart of addiction and the path from recovery to discovery and onto the path of grace.
At the conclusion of the course, students will understand:
· Roadblocks to recovery
· Principles of recovery
· Discuss the role and place that 12-Step programs hold in sexual addiction
· Healthy relationship
· Hope for the broken hearted
· Biblical transformation
1. God will Make a way by Dr.Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend, Integrity publishers. ISBN: 1-59145-124-8.
2. Undefiled by Harry Schaumburg. Moody Publishers., ISBN: 978-0-8024-6069-1.
On-Site Lesson Schedule:
Readings Prior to Arrival: The first three chapters in undefiled by Harry Schaumburg the Instructor will give an overview of the course and will emphasize the important points.
Test Schedule Percentage of course grade A+ = 96-100
A- = 90-95
B = 80-89
Below 80 will get certificate of attendance
F Below 60
Test 1 – 6
Final Test 70%
1. Attending the course’s lectures in the announced conference.
2. Having daily access to the Internet and basic typing skills.
3. Turning Tests & assignments after the dead line may reduce the score.
4. There will be a comprehensive final exam which will be following all the rest of the work that has been completed and turned in.
Distance Learning Lesson Schedule
|Week 1||Chapters 1 – 3||# 1|
|Week 2||Chapters 4 – 6||Test 1 Due Sept 17|
|Week 3||Chapters 7 – 9|
|Week 4||Chapters 10 – 12||Test 2 Due Oct 1|
|Week 5||Chapters 13 – 15|
|Week 6||Chapters 16 – 20||Test 3 Due Oct 15|
|Week 7||Chapters 1 – 3||# 2|
|Week 8||Chapters 4 – 6||Test 4 Due Oct 29|
|Week 9||Chapters 7 – 9|
|Week 10||Chapters 10 – 12||Test 5 Due Nov 12|
|Week 11||Chapters 13 – 15|
|Week 12||Appendix 1 to 6||Test 6 Due Nov 30|
|Final Test = 30 %||Final Test Due|