Counseling 702: Relationship Addiction
Fr. Makary Ibrahim (Former Psychiatrist)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 210-730-3782
This course will provide a deeper understanding of the dependencies of the heart, romance, relationships, and sexual intimacy.
The student will learn about:
- Roots of addictive love
- Characteristics of addictive love
- Romance & sex addiction
- The truth about lust
- Strategies for long-term change
- Is It Love or Is It Addiction: The Book That Changed the Way We Think About Romance and Intimacy by Brenda Schaeffer. Publisher: Hazelden; Third Edition edition (March 27, 2009) ISBN-10: 1592857337 , ISBN-13: 978-1592857333
- 2. Sex is not the problem lust is by Joshua Harris. Multnomah publishers. ISBN-10: 1590525191 , ISBN-13: 978-1590525197
On-Site Lesson Schedule:
Readings Prior to Arrival: The first 2 chapters of each book. The Instructor will give an overview of the course and will emphasize the important points.
Test SchedulePercentage of course gradeA+ = 96-100
A- = 90-95
B = 80-89
Below 80 will get certificate of attendance
F = Below 60Test 1 – 6
1. Attending the course’s lectures in the announced conference.
2. Having daily access to the Internet and basic typing skills.
3. Turning Tests & assignments after the dead line may reduce the score.
4. There will be a comprehensive final exam which will be following all the rest of the work that has been completed and turned in.
Distance Learning Lesson Schedule
Text Book (Ref # 1)
|Week 1||Chapters 1 – 2|
|Week 2||Chapters 3 – 4||Test 1 Due January 31|
|Week 3||Chapter 5|
|Week 4||Chapter 6||Test 2 Due February 12|
|Week 5||Chapter 7|
|Week 6||Chapter 8||Test 3 Due February 26|
|Week 7||Chapter 9|
|Week 8||Chapter 10||Test 4 Due March 12|
|Text Book (Ref # 2)|
|Week 9||Chapters 1 – 3|
|Week 10||Chapters 4 – 6||Test 5 Due March 26|
|Week 11||Chapters 7 – 8|
|Week 12||Chapters 9 – 10||Test 6 Due April 9|
|Final Test = 40 %||Final Test Due|