Mrs. Margo Rizk, M.A., Diploma, Christian Counselor
, Phone: 412-793-1868
Fr. Makary Ibrahim,M.D.
This course will provide a deeper understanding of the complexities surrounding addictions, in order to develop strategies for coping and empowerment.
At the conclusion of the course, students will:
- Examine in depth the addictive cycle
- Addiction to Adrenaline
- Obsessions and compulsions
- Video games and cyber addiction
On-Site Lesson Schedule:
Readings Prior to Arrival:
- Healing Life’s Hidden Addictions; Archibald Hart, Ph.D,. Servant Publications, Ann Arbor, Michigan, ISBN: 0-89283-787-X.
- Restoring Sexual Identity, hope for women who struggle with same-sex attraction: Anne Paulk. Harvest housepublishers.
The first three chapters in Healing Life’s Hidden Addictions
The Instructor will give an overview of the course and will emphasize the important points.
||Percentage of course grade
|A+ = 96-100A- = 90-95B = 80-89Below 80 will get certificate of attendance
||Test 1: Reflection paperTest 2: Research paper
1. Attending the course’s lectures in the announced conference.
2. Having daily access to the Internet and basic typing skills.
3. The research paper will be due at the end of the semester.
Distance Learning Lesson Schedule
||Text Book (Ref # 1) Assignment
||What are hiding addictions
||Addiction and craving
||Is there an addictive personality?
||The addictive cycle
||Obsessions and compulsions
||Codependency: Addiction to helping
||Addictions to sex and love
||Addiction to adrenaline: hurry sickness
||Addiction to food
||Overcoming your hidden addiction
||A theology for self-control
The paper is to be divided into two parts:
- Write four pages personal reflection on “Restoring Sexual Identity: hopefor women who struggle with same-sex attraction by Anne Paulk.
- Summary of research about 75% (you demonstrate a knowledge and comprehension of your subject)
- Personal analysis about 25% (evaluate the validity of research, drawing conclusions based on your research)
Write a research paper and cover a topic related to any of the hidden addiction that particularly interests you.
Your paper should be a minimum of five pages and five references (other than the text book).
1. First page is the title page (title, your name, instructor’s name, course name) Page 1
2. Abstract (summary). Page 2
3. Your paper. Page 3, 4, 5
4. Summary or conclusion. Page 6
5. Last page is the reference. Page7.